Well, hello autumn blues. Many confuse the already familiar, almost «native», let’s say, autumn blues with emotional burnout. Indeed, at this time many especially want to cry and just sleep and sleeping much more than crying, but also to eat. So, relax — it’s OK – you’re not alone. But let’s look at it in more detail.
Emotional burnout is a physical exhaustion of the body, as well as a loss of interest in the activity that a person is engaged in day after day, and you can lose interest in your life. In severe forms, burnout can even lead to physical exhaustion. The reason is constant stress, irregular physical activity or a lack of a normal emotional environment in the workplace or at home. All this does not happen in one day, nor can you get out of this state in one day either. Symptoms are loss of sleep, appetite, self-flagellation, apathy or sudden mood swings.
Autumn blues come when biorhythms change. We feel it especially sensitively and react to these changes in the autumn period, when the daylight decreases and the darkness increases. Usually we leave for work when it’s dark, and we come home when it’s already dark too. We just don’t have enough light, or vitamin D.
What can we do?
Of course, we must work on ourselves! We should not give up.
- Consult your doctor, perhaps you really need a vitamin boost?
- Increase your lighting in your apartment and at work. In my article, I wrote how to achieve comfort and warmth in your home with the help of lighting. You can read the article here. Perhaps this information will be useful to you.
- Come up with a new goal, start doing what you have been putting off for a long time. Why not now?
- Try aromatherapy on yourself. And it’s not just sticks, scented candles and essential oils for the bath – it’s also the smell of freshly baked pastries, the aroma of tea and coffee.
- Pleasant conversation, meeting in a cosy cafe. Even if this is not possible, almost everyone has the opportunity to use video communication.
- Pay attention to your hobby.
- Prepare seasonal meals. Long live the pumpkin season and pies, cookies, porridge and … much more.
- Physical activity can help you release steam and stay energetic despite inclement weather.
I am sure, if you think about it, then everyone has a recipe that helps avoiding the plunge into the abyss of the seasonal autumn blues. Share your comments.